[AMRadio] Folded Unipole versus Inverted L

robertcharles at att.net robertcharles at att.net
Tue Jan 13 12:07:12 EST 2009

Hello John. After reading the blogs, it looks like the "L" would be the preferred choice because it gives one both high as well as low radiation angles. Now, I also have a Titan Gap vertical and would like to ask you a few observations about it. I have had mine about 6yrs. now and it is mounted about 8ft. off the ground. I have found that I had to extend the counterpoise "wire" using the supplied nylon string a considerable amount to the point where it actually droops about 18" between the radial supports. The latest thing I discovered by accident is, where the instructions indicate to route the yellow coax leading from the vertical at right angles, I always had a 1:3:1 SWR as read right at the base of the antenna, when I brought the yellow coax next to the mounting pole, routing it down the length of the pole, the SWR then went way down, so I taped it their. Have you had similar issues?
-------------- Original message from John King <k5pgw at yahoo.com>: --------------

Since the response to my previous email was not voluminous, I will pose a more