[AMRadio] Folded Unipole versus Inverted L

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 09:55:39 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Thomas Adams <quixote2 at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> WHY is it that you ONLY seriously consider antenna work when the snow is up
> to yer knees and the temperature is about 10 degrees?   <<smile>>

Human nature, family responsibilities, whatever you can think of
generally keeps us distracted during the 'nice' WX. Since we don't
rely on amateur radio, it's easy to dismiss it and think "I can do
that annnnytime".

Or, so they'll stay up. The other side of that discussion is "why do
you need to put up your antenna in the cold to do a good job/make sure
it won't come down?". From someone who has climbed towers, trees, and
strung ropes and wires in sub zero temps up north, I can say that once
you're out there in the cold, fingers going numb, face burning from
the windburn, that LAST thing you want to do is go back out to fix it!

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4