[AMRadio] Me too - The Eagle Has Landed - The Gross Radio Eagle That Is

John Dilks K2TQN oldradio at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jan 17 08:12:41 EST 2009

Hi Gang,

I'm happy to join this club.  I just picked up a Gross Eagle with two
coils.  I'm interested in gathering more information.   Anything
Gross actually.

73, John Dilks, K2TQN
RE.....
Christmas came here in the W1UJR hamshack this year, with a new and
most buzzardly addition to the line up.  :D

A 1933 Gross Radio Company Eagle regen RX, complete with all four
coils and documentation.
Think of a National SW-3, with a single coil rather the SW-3's two.
Band coverage is 200 meters down to 15 meters.
A pair of type 32 tubes, and a single 33 in the AF output.

Time has been good to the old gal, she is in very good condition.
Plan to fire her up after the Thanksgiving Day holiday.

Anyone have any additional information about this unit, or Gross
Radio Company in general?
I've been researching the history of Gross Radio from NYC, but there
is very little out there, what I have been able to hunt up is below.