[AMRadio] The Eagle Has Landed - The Gross Radio EagleThat Is

LEE BAHR pulsarxp at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 17 12:00:25 EST 2009

I have one too, but no paperwork left.  It was bought in 1954 from
Burstein-Applebee out of Kansas City, Mo.  6V6 osc, 6L6 amp, seperate power
supply w/80 rectifier tube.  Pi output circuit.  It is almost identical to
the Philmore NT-200 Novice Transmitter Kit.  You can find the Philmore
manual on BAMA.

The chassis were very close to being the same.  The Philmore used a 5Y3
rectifier and used a #49 "tuning lamp".  The Eagle used a neon "tuning
lamp".  The Eagle also used two dual variable caps in parallel where as the
Philmore used two single 100pf variables.  The Eagle used a lot of surplus
parts (caps and resistors).  They were both sold as kits.

Lee, w0vt

Hi Gang,

I'm happy to join this club. I just picked up a Gross Eagle with two
coils. I'm interested in gathering more information. Anything
Gross actually.

73, John Dilks, K2TQN