[AMRadio] A Special Day??

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 20:04:30 EST 2009

Ron Lawrence W4RON <W4RON at carolina.rr.com> wrote:

>I hate to question your memory, but Martin Luther King Day didn't
>exist in 1977 or 1978.
.President Ronald Reagan signed the holiday into law in 1983, and it
was
>first observed in 1986.

That's the *federal* holiday.  I hate to correct a corrector, but it
most certainly did exist - in the State of Ohio.

This is the sixth email message I've received pointing out this
supposed error on my part.     I experienced it as a school holiday in
the late 1970s, and as a city and state employee in the very early
1980s.   I recall much racially-oriented bellyaching at the time about
the state adopting this new holiday.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.

> This is the rig that put me in the hospital on Martin Luther King Day
> 1977 or 1978.

I hate to question your memory, but Martin Luther King Day didn't
exist in 1977 or 1978.
President Ronald Reagan signed the holiday into law in 1983, and it was
first observed in 1986.
Now is seems like it's turned into Martin Luther King WEEK...

73, Ron w4ron