[AMRadio] Amazed any young ham made it to adulthood

BILL GUYGER bguyger at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 19 23:20:35 EST 2009

I too learned all about AC/DC 5  tube superhets the hard way, and thanks to a Dynaco power amp that had been sitting unpowered for several days, about the lightning that lurketh in non bleeder resistor equiped filter caps.
But the most embarrasing shock I ever got was when I was in college and working in the Learning Center tape room. I reached into the back of a rack of 1" VTR's got hold of exposed 120V. somehow and it went to ground through my nose which was up against the rack side panel. Talk about opening your sinuses!

Bill AD5OL