[AMRadio] A special day today

Nick England nick at 3rdtech.com
Tue Jan 20 07:05:20 EST 2009

I dropped out of ham radio in the early 70's and spent several decades
designing and debugging systems with 1000-2000 chips powered by a 5v 200a
supply. No problem adding jumpers or scoping hot circuits (but keep your
wedding ring in your pocket!). When I got back into boatanchor radios I
really had to retrain my brain and fingers. Fortunately, memories of
grabbing B+ in a HB xmtr as a teenager had lingered in my neurons enough
that I really *knew* to keep my hands off the wiring.

But the other poster was right on the money about it being a miracle any of
us young hams made it through our early contacts with tube gear.
cheers,
Nick KD4CPL