[AMRadio] Amazed any young ham made it to adulthood

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:24:02 EST 2009

The rant is well deserved and well delivered.  I am sick unto death of
people that want to sue their way out of a mistake that they
themselves made through ignorance and stupidity.  But the problem
seems to be that we have too many lawyers that need to make a living
so they create work for themselves through advertising for stupid
clients on national TV.  Our lawyer to population ratio is 10 times
the world average!!!

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM, John Coleman <jc at pctechref.com> wrote:
>        I've been shocked, knocked a across the room even, more times than I
> care to talk about.  Once I thought I was going to die and then afraid I
> wouldn't.
>        Back a few years ago, I don't think people sued as much as they do
> now.  If some accident happened we didn't try to blame it on some one else
> or a neglect of manufacturing.  We simply took our licks for our own
> stupidity and mistakes.  I'm not saying that manufactures shouldn't worry
> about the consumer but, I think they should worry more about the longevity
> of service to the consumer.  Too many Americans, today, seem think that
> everything they buy should come with some type of personal protection plan.
> My work is servicing personal computers. A lot of our customers are John and
> Jane Doe types that use the PC as a home entertainment device.  I tell them
> that entertainment on the internet often comes with spy ware or some other
> type of booger.  I've had them say to me, "Well what good is the internet,
> if you can't safely play poker, look at porn, steel music, etc.  I wish that
> our customers were more corporate types like it was about 15 years ago.  And
> I especially wish that HTML, Java, and active X had never been expanded as
> they are now.  Of course I guess I wouldn't be nearly so busy but it sure
> gets tiresome dealing with these people.
>
> Why do people think that they must bee entertained? And that somebody owes
> it to them.
>
> I apologize for my ranting off subject.
>
> John,
> WA5BXO