[AMRadio] shocks, interlocks and misc

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 21 15:41:09 EST 2009

 I have been following these comments.  forget about interlocks, shielding
and everything else. simply use a  so called chicken stick on everything
that could possible be hot, IE everything other than the cabinet and chassis
assuming they are well grounded, if not5 do not evfen turn them on.  . I
have a piece of insulated stranded #16 bolted directly the cabinet of my
Gates BC1G, after it is shut down and unplugged I touch everything that has
any significient voltage.   Interlocks, I have a bunch of them, they are in
a box, first thing I disconnected.  it would be best to use a plastic rod to
hold the wire so you could be several inches from the big splat when you hit
something hot.  Bernie W8RPW