[AMRadio] Mod Transformer

Paul Baldock pbaldock at verizon.net
Sat Jan 24 20:47:13 EST 2009

At 05:06 PM 1/24/2009, Peter Wittenberg wrote:
>Paul what is the question??

- Pete

The question is how do you calculate the impedance transformation
requirements of a modulation transformer.

My engineering knowledge tells me  to take the RF side as Va/Ia, and
Mod side as 2 X Vm/Im. So if the RF side is 600V at 200mA and the Mod
Side is 600V at 150mA, then that's 3K:8K. However I'm not sure this
is really correct in the practical world.

I'm building a home brew AM rig with 2 x 807's in the modulator and 2
x 807's in the RF Final.

- Paul