[AMRadio] New QTH for the Rochester NY hamfest

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 09:26:06 EST 2009

To minimize any confusion over the location of the Rochester (NY) hamfest May 30, it will be at Barnard Carnival Grounds 380 Maiden Lane, Greece, NY.

This is according to a recording at the phone number 585-671-2424, the forwarding number from the old 585-424-7184, which was the business number for the old location that has since been disconnected.

Follow through is important on a story like this, and I hope the additional information is helpful.

One of the ARRL speakers at the new site will be the Atlantic Division Director, Bill Edgar N3LLR. Some will remember his visit to the AM Festival station at the old Gaithersburg (MD) hamfest when he was initially running for office.  He has indicated his receptiveness to improved inclusion of the AM community, and endorsed a survey in 2007 that showed nearly 20 percent of respondents include AM in their HF operating activity.

Even though the results of that survey have never been formally included in the ARRL's political, publishing and regulatory activities, the three Divisions that took part in that poll have established, for us, a presence that can be cited in our dealings with the League.