[AMRadio] 10 Meter AM Lives!

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 20:29:38 EST 2009

I just completed a 10 minute QSO with Harry, W0LS, north of Minneapolis, on
29.0.

He was running a Flex Radio into an Alpha, and was pounding into Mississippi
despite the ever-present QSB that happens during Sporadic E.

He told me that he had been calling CQ for a half hour before I answered
him, and that I was the first AM signal he had heard on 10 this evening.

So, if you don't want to crank up the boat anchors, then dust off the
transistors, punch the AM button, and make some noise on or near 29.0.

Mike Duke, K5XU