[AMRadio] OT: Another BC transmitter saved

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Wed Jul 1 17:56:36 EDT 2009

   Three weeks ago (been busy, forgot to post)  I and Dave WB6GEF rescued a
1957 RCA BTA-500MX AM transmitter from being scrapped - the old girl is
now safe in my shack waiting clean-up and re-tuning for 160/75.

   It is 500W output, single 833 modulated by a pair of 833s, with 807s
for all the rest of the signal chains, and 866s/8008s for making DC.

   We had to remove a door and half of the door jamb to get it out of the
building....

   Also cleaned out several 833s, a lot of leftover tape and cartridges,
and 4 Collins turntables.

    Keep the Old Iron speaking!

Cheers

John KB6SCO