[AMRadio] Relay Voltage ID

Larry Szendrei ne1s at securespeed.us
Sat Jul 4 11:45:19 EDT 2009

Robert Lawson wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> I've a Potter & Brumfield KR-2349-1 double pole single throw open frame relay.  I am trying to find out the AC or DC voltage requirements as they are not marked on the coil.  The coil measures 11.7 Kohms.  Any help would be appreciated.  I've already done a Google search with no results on this particular relay.  Thanks in advance.
>
> 73 and fly our Flag,
>
> Robert W4RL Pensacola FL

As a knowledgeable listmember replied, this could be a 110VDC coil. It
could also be a "plate relay," used in the plate circuit/load of a relay
control tube (these were typically 10Kohms nominal resistance). Even if
not intended for use in that application, it certainly would work there.

73 and Happy Fourth,
-Larry/NE1S