[AMRadio] 10 meter mp3 player

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Sun Jul 12 15:17:26 EDT 2009

Todd Carpenter wrote:
> What a great idea! Now you can get one, mod it for 11 meters and play endless hours of music for all the good buddies! Just add a good beam and a 5 KW pair of "boots" and you can master all the TV channels in your neighborhood and own the frequency!

Speaking of that, I was sitting in a parking lot yesterday and just for
grins tuned my FT-100D down to the 27 mhz range.  Only a few signals
were heard around 27.030 but rather than the redneck-ratchetjawing and
obnoxiously overdriven audio and sound effects I associate with this
band, there were several very good sounding AM signals, and the ops were
complimenting each other on their "wideband" audio quality!  Go figure....

73, Bob W9RAN