[AMRadio] Odd tuning on 160M

Jim WB5OXQ inb Waco, TX wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Sun Jul 19 14:51:27 EDT 2009

Sounds like something in your antenna circuit is overheating and causing the
resonance to change.  I had that same thing happen with a trap antenna and
finally a coil in the antenna burned up.  I was running about 500 watts on
160.  So I build an inverted L for 160 and I am using that will good results
when my rotator dial starts turning and the control box smokes.  New I am
buying a new rotator and i am not planning to run power on 160 any more.  I
cannot afford it.
WB5OXQ