[AMRadio] Odd tuning on 160M

M. K. Hess mkhess at kias.org
Mon Jul 20 13:59:57 EDT 2009

Thanks to all for their replies to my tuning query. I think I tend to agree
with the majority that RF is getting into the Palstar
or somewhere in the shack and causing the issue. I'm doubting that it's
antenna components, since it ALSO does it on the
CanTenna Dummy Load! For the most part I'm running 1/2 inch hardline, or
new 213 to the antennas, which have all been swept
with the TDR, so I'm not thinking feed either....

Time to take a hard look at the Palstar, and do some RF field strength
measurements in the shack!

Thanks again to all for the suggestions!!!

Regards, Mike - N3ESQ
www.n3eaq.net