[AMRadio] 2m AM

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 29 21:39:50 EDT 2009

The most popular spot for AM operation on 2m is 144.450 MHz in the USA.

Part of the reason for this is the availability of crystal;s on and around 8025
kHz.

Most hams who operated 2m AM for any length of time particuarly
in the heyday of AM would possess a number of crystals ranging
from just above 8000 kHz to about 8050 kHz.

73 - Brian "Bry" Carling, AF4K

From:           	jon baker <ad5hr1 at yahoo.com>