[AMRadio] 2m AM

Ken Zuercher hepcatrevival at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 22:21:15 EDT 2009

To All
Back in the early 80s, most of us Broadcast Engineers here in Toledo were hams (those of us left still are). We started an informal "Out to lunch club". We all bought Heath Twoers and put them on the air. We would meet semi regularly but it slowed down. We had on stipulation. One could spend no more than $20 on the whole setup! most uf us found Twoers cheap as no one wanted them then (probably still don't). The antennas were wire and wood beams or if you had a Ringo Ranger up it was OK. One of us even found an unbuilt kit and finished it. His worked better than mine as I only could get about a quarter watt out. We were spread out with a radius of about 20 miles. Reception was generally OK but we eventually lost interest or some of us moved away. I still have the Twoer. Does anyone ever use these in other parts of the country?
Ken KC8QO