[AMRadio] Info needed: KWT-6 (AN/URC-32)

H.L. hl at sfsu.edu
Sat Jun 20 14:11:27 EDT 2009

My thanks to all who responded to my appeal for specific manual pages
and information regarding the COLLINS KWT-6 transmitter (AN/URC-32).
I have only its linear amplifier module and matching antenna
coupler/wattmeter module. Since my TMC PAL linear amplifier is almost
identical to the KWT-6 linear in PA tubes, specifications, and power
requirements, I am hoping to use the TMC power supply to operate the
COLLINS linear using an altered KWM-2 transceiver as a low-power AM
exciter (K2VVL article: QST June 1963) or, possibly, a FLEX 1500
transceiver, which also can provide the nominal 1-Watt input
requirement of the linear.

I am intrigued by the new FLEX or the low power ELECRAFT K3 as AM or
SSB exciters with the KWT-6 linear--that would be a marriage of
outstanding technologies 50 years apart!!.

A special thanks to Nick, K4NYW, who provided  pdf files of the
entire KWT-6 manual--687 pages. This might take a day or two to
read!!!

73 Hal KK6HY