[AMRadio] more grousing

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sun Jun 28 12:21:00 EDT 2009

Frankly, the operation on the edge between CW and Voice isn't that
uncommon regardless of license class. The fact that he was making one
contact after another means that ALL of THEM had the same issue!

Start up the radio, (even your FT-1000), on 7.130, and start to call for
contacts. You're going to drift. Do it with a BC-610 and all bets are off!

The "someone" whom said he was operating out of "band" is in error.
6.999 or 7301 are both "out of band".

The individual was in the wrong MODE.

I do see the sharks swimming because it IS Field Day! If you "just"
discovered that it was happening, I wonder where you have been.

I am ALL about AM operations, but stay away from the fray when any
"significant" contest is running.

Bob - N0DGN
BC-610, T-213, R-390A, SP-600

--