[AMRadio] Fw: GB> 40m SWBC QRM to end 3/29/09... why isnt thisbeing hyped?

Radio Station KW1I kw1i at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 10 14:24:34 EDT 2009

Minor correction on the attached:  The SW broadcasters are due to vacate
7100-7200 kHz by Mar 29, 2009.

Hopefully many amateur AM stations will fire up on this band segment on Mar
29 to celebrate.  Generals can use 7175 kHz and up, Advanced and Extra 7125
kHz and up.

This is the first time in 70 years this frequency segment will be
exclusively amateur radio 24 hours a day!  DX stations who formerly had to
work western hemisphere stations split from 7000-7100 kHz, if not already
under temporary authorization, will soon be authorized to operate on
7100-7200 kHz as well.

Here's hoping all the broadcasters comply.

Dale
KW1I