[AMRadio] 40 m SWBC

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:49:54 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 2:20 PM, D. Chester <k4kyv at charter.net> wrote:
> Early Tuesday evening, at about 2400 GMT I worked Steve HUZ on 7160 kHz
> until the band went long and I lost him at 0030 right in the middle of a
> transmission - just as if he had flipped a power switch and dropped from 1
> kw down to a few milliwatts.  All in about 5 seconds. But the whole time, no
> broadcast QRM. My antenna is an 80m dipole, fed with open wire tuned
> feeders, average height 110' off the ground.

Like you Don, Steve is one of the movers and shakers, heard on the
bands often. I think the bigger issue ahead for will be getting people
to break the same 'three frequency' mentality witnessed on 75, and get
them to spread out and use any open frequency. Thinking outside the
box, or imaginary 'window' as is the case here. That and getting
people to spend more time on the air and less online.

I'll be back on soon from the new location, looking forward very much
to joining you gents again. Listening is fine, but it's not
communicating.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4