[AMRadio] 40 m SWBC

Nigel Holmes Holmes.Nigel at abc.net.au
Wed Mar 11 16:16:06 EDT 2009

Don't get too excited about a quiet 40m..

The radio regs footnote 141C (141B in early drafts) lists a string of
countries including most of North Africa & ME, Australia, New Zealand,
China, Japan, Korea, Papua New Guinea + others who, after 29 March 2009,
have 7100-7200 kHz available to fixed & mobile services on a primary
basis. These stations have been moved from adjacent spectrum where the
BC stations will now work.

Most international BC stations will move out of 7100-7200 as they will
have access to new spectrum over 7300-7450 kHz after 29 March 2009.

A pdf of the new Australian Radiofrequency Spectrum Plan can be
downloaded from here
http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_2713  Pages 41 & 42 cover the
40m area.

I imagine there would be similar documents from US & Canadian regulators
as well although the Australian document does shows the general
allocations for all three ITU regions.

73 Nigel VK3DZ