[AMRadio] 40 m SWBC

Jan Erik Holm sm2ekm at telia.com
Wed Mar 11 16:25:13 EDT 2009

Nigel Holmes wrote:
> Don't get too excited about a quiet 40m..
>
> The radio regs footnote 141C (141B in early drafts) lists a string of
> countries including most of North Africa & ME, Australia, New Zealand,
> China, Japan, Korea, Papua New Guinea + others who, after 29 March 2009,
> have 7100-7200 kHz available to fixed & mobile services on a primary
> basis. These stations have been moved from adjacent spectrum where the
> BC stations will now work.

Yes we should not hope for too much, at least not short term.
just checked 7100-7200 a few minutes ago and it is more or
less filled up, I found 13 stations in this segment. The
thing on 7165 is super loud more then S9+60dB.
In any case it will be interesting to see next month.
There is even a BC stn on 7070 kHz.

/ Jim SM2EKM