[AMRadio] another thought

BILL GUYGER bguyger at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 13 11:32:45 EDT 2009

Not to be preaching to the choir, and not that I'm disagreeing, but this is a very very fine line to tread in that it borders on broadcasting. During the Riley Hollingsworth days there were FCC actions against hams who were hogging THEIR (in their opinion) frequency by doing the same thing. I'm sure you all know the person or persons at fault. They were being curmudgeonly just to be a-holes.

I'm just saying, if we have some guys who are good at filibustering and can take turns on freq. vs. broadcasting even ham related info, we'd be better off than opening the AM crowd to FCC actions that the SSB crowd can use against us. I'm OK with the SSBS'ers throwing 5.56 at us, but if we give them 7.62 or 50cal. to use on us because we handed them the ammo can we've got no one to blame but ourselves.

Bill AD5OL