[AMRadio] another thought

BILL GUYGER bguyger at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 13 15:26:42 EDT 2009

I can dig it!

Bill

----- Original Message ----
From: VJB <wa3vjb at yahoo.com>
To: amradio at mailman.qth.net; BILL GUYGER <bguyger at sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 2:00:34 PM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] another thought

You're right, of course Bill, and what practical value would such transmissions provide that could not already be shared via audio files over the internet ?

And using "best of" recordings to occupy a frequency is in the same category as mustering AM on a given frequency, to claim ownership, maintain a presence, etc.

What I was thinking, however, is the nice sound of a bunch of AM QSOs during events like the AM Bandwarming Party and Heavy Metal Rally. And, those times on 75m and 10m when conditions were SO good that they deserve a second listen.

We were arrayed politely every 10Kc or so, no complaints from incompatible modes, drawing pleasant attention and participation from others wishing to take part.

THAT's a classy way to maintain and further AM's presence on any band, anywhere.

But yes, you're right, it needs to happen real time, and if you miss it, you miss it.

Paul/VJB