[AMRadio] Restoration Hint...

M. K. Hess mkhess at kias.org
Thu Mar 19 12:05:55 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,

Spent most of this week working on the Gates BC-1H1....
I've been meaning to post this, but keep forgetting, so here it is.

If you have a heavily oxidized, stained, or generally bad news aluminum
chassis you're trying to restore. You may want to give this stuff a try!

It's called, "Aluminator" from Orison Marketing LLC www.orisonmarketing.com

It's buffered Phosphoric Acid in a spray bottle. After I cleaned the BC-1H
aluminum parts in the usual manner there were still all kinds of stains on
it. From smoked parts, smoking, spilled drinks, or overuse of contact
cleaner... Whatever. The chassis parts looked like hell!

I would either spray on Aluminator, or rub it on with an old tooth brush,
wait a while, then wipe it down with a wet cloth. Eureka!
The stains, soot, crud was GONE! The aluminum part looked like new!

Fast, easy, and works great!

So, there's my tip from me to you!

Enjoy!

Mike - N3EAQ