[AMRadio] Tube Theremin

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 22:17:41 EDT 2009

Thanks for those two pieces of data.  I am planning on building one
for my son-in-law for Christmas and have been looking for a good
schematic.

BTW, a nice case can be made from a $20 Armour jewelry case from
BigLots.  The have one that is about 4 feet tall with legs and side
opening doors as well as a top that opens.  I plan on removing the
drawers and replacing with a plain panel then placing speakers on
either side that can be directed by the opening or closing of the side
doors.  The top will open for a music stand with any controls under
the top.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 2:08 PM,  <sbjohnston at aol.com> wrote:

>  I've got a new sort-of AM project on the bench here now:? a tube Theremin.? This musical instrument produces sound by heterodyning two
> oscillators that run in the low-end of the broadcast band. I'd like to find three Miller 70-OSC coils or
> equivalent for this rig - anyone have some??
>

> If you are interested in the circuit, I'm building upon the ideas of Doug Forbes that I found online.?
>
> See
>
> http://www.wd8das.net/theremin.gif
>
> and
>
> http://www.wd8das.net/theremin.txt