[AMRadio] Valiant LV Xfmr Temp

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Sat Mar 21 14:44:44 EDT 2009

 That sounds too hot.? You may have something putting too much of a load on it, such as leaky electrolytic caps in the LV supply, or a problem in one of the stages that use the LV supply.

You can disconnect these various loads one at a time at various points to find the trouble, "divide-and-conquer" style.? For starters I'd break the secondary connection and see how hot the transformer gets just by itself.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.