[AMRadio] Tube Theremin

John Dilks K2TQN oldradio at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 27 04:18:26 EDT 2009

Steve,

The Thereman documents are also on one of the RCA Redbooks, (forget
which one) but it's all there.

Also check out Philip Neidlinger's web page.  He built one.  Lot's of
photo and good information + schematics here.
http://www.neidlinger.us/keppinger.htm

I went to a Theremin concert a couple of years ago.  They player had
a modern one by Moog (about 1500 bucks).  I ended up buying the Moog
$400 version and have had some fun with it.  I assure you though,
that nothing that sounds like music has ever come from it, but it
sure is fun to put it on the floor and watch the cat walk by.  :-)

I also take it to the middle school where I work and put it in my
computer lab and watch the kids walk by.  After we all have a good
laugh, I show them a short video and then let them try.  It's not as
easy as it looks, or as RCA promised everyone when they tried to sell it.

73, John Dilks, K2TQN