[AMRadio] Tube Theremin

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Fri Mar 27 14:28:49 EDT 2009

John Dilks K2TQN wrote:

>The Thereman documents are also on one of the RCA Redbooks,

I know I've seen at least the schematic in a RCA book, but so far I've
not been able to discover which one.  Since I saw it "myself", I
thought it would be one of the issues that I own but I've checked all
mine.

>I assure you though,
>that nothing that sounds like music has ever come from it

A couple people have pointed out that being the ultimate in "fretless"
it requires great skill to play traditional notes.   Not being musical
myself this might seem an insurmountable challenge but my curiousity is
up and I'm going to build one.  I enjoy abstract electronic music, so
that's a connection.  I've started gathering the parts - some from my
stocks and some from friends and suppliers.  Won't be long now...

My daughter plays the upright bass, and that is a fretless instrument,
so perhaps she'll be interested in the Theremin.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/