[AMRadio] For Wb5OXQ, and anyone else who wants to read the Mail

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at comcast.net
Mon Mar 30 21:27:42 EDT 2009

Jim,

You were pounding into your old home town, even stronger than the SSB guys
that fired up on 7159.8.

My 40 meter antenna is about to have a facelift, or a complete replacement.
Right now, the ends of the inverted vee are only 10 feet above ground.

Couple that with my 25 watts, and I'm surprised you heard me at all.

Come back and check 7160 again. Apparently some of those guys were there
last night too.

It reminds me of those days in the late 70s and early 80s when W5MEU, W9IEY,
KG6OS, W6QS, K8MLV, and others were there every night.

73,

Mike Duke, K5XU