[AMRadio] You gotta LOVE IT

JACK C. SHUTT w9gt at verizon.net
Fri May 8 14:01:39 EDT 2009

Interesting experience!  I agree that you should re-contact AT&T and get to the bottom of this thing.  Escalate your complaint/questions to a manager.  Sounds like it could be potentially a concern to all hams in areas served by AT&T.

I have Verizon FiOS and it works beautifully.  Of course, it is fiber all the way to the home.  I will say, however, that when we first got the service we had an analog TV and I experienced some TVI, even on 160M.  I don't know if it got in via the set-top box or into the TV, itself.  I found that using antennas that were farther away from my house eliminated the problem.....apparently I was getting too much RF into something and overloading it.  Since we got a digital HDTV LCD set, no more TVI even when utilizing a dipole right over the house.  Also no noticeable problems with phone or internet service.

73,  Jack, W9GT