[AMRadio] HF homebrew 100 plus watt vacuum tube Transmitter

John Coleman jc at pctechref.com
Mon May 11 11:11:55 EDT 2009

The decision about what tubes to use is always a topic of a lot of conversation.  For lower than 1000 Volt plate supplies, the multiple 6146s (I would use 3 in the RF and 4 in the modulator) is probably the best choice.  Because of smaller tuning components in the tanks.  Higher voltages means more spacing on everything.  For higher voltages and fewer tubes the 812, 811, 805 and some others mention would be good.  My favorite would be the push pull 812 class C final modulated by class B 811As running 1500 Volts or so.

John WA5BXO