[AMRadio] push pull output XFMRs and neg feedback

John Coleman jc at pctechref.com
Mon May 18 19:16:10 EDT 2009

Jim
        I had a chance to add the 3300 ohm resistor and the .001uf capacitor to the circuit at the grid of the phase splitter but it did not help or if it did it was negligible.  The oscillation is at 8000 to 10000 cps.  I think I had originally said 18000 but the scope says different and it is audible even for an old smell like me.  BTW I don't have any pre-emphasis or de-emphasis in the FB path it is strictly a resistive pad.

I'll be running some test soon and will let you know the results.

BTW the output XFMRs are Thordarson 22S63  5000 ohm ptp primary --  8 and 16 ohm secondary --  rating 40 watts

John Coleman, WA5BXO