[AMRadio] CCA First Wednesday AM Night Nov. 4th!

Larry WA9VRH wa9vrh at dishmail.net
Mon Nov 2 18:10:29 EST 2009

FIRST WEDNESDAY AM NIGHT!!! Sponsored by the Collins Collectors Association.

Wednesday November 4th, 2009 on 3880 kcs at 7:00 PM local East Coast time
marks the start of the latest
chapter of First Wednesday AM Night, drawing hundreds of vintage stations
from across the country.

The East Coast and Central sections run for 90 minutes in response to the
tremendous participation in those time zones. The remaining time zones
will be an hour. We encourage stations to check-in on AM using Collins and
other AM transmitters, new and
old.  It's an opportunity to revel in this nostalgic mode, enjoy giving
vintage equipment a "run," and sharing
some storytelling about classic vacuum tube homebrew and commercial designs.
Typically more than a
hundred stations take part in the evening's coast-to-coast AM event; by the
time it concludes at 10:00 PM
Local PST.

LISTEN for the following anchors and stop by to say hello, won't you? You
don't have to be running Collins
or vintage gear to be welcomed into the group.

7:00 PM-8:30 PM Local East Coast Time Anchor:  Bob W0YVA

7:30 PM-9:00 PM Local Central Time Anchor:  Jim W0NKL and Brian K0EFJ

8:00 PM-9:00 PM Local Mountain Time Anchor: K0OJ Jim and Chuck KD0ZS

8:00 PM-9:00 PM Local West Coast Time Anchor:  WA6FIZ Mickey

We are still looking for additional anchors in the West Coast time zone.
Please contact me if you are interested!

comments please to wa9vrh at dishmail.net