[AMRadio] Bias Battery

Bill Fizette w2dgb at ptd.net
Sun Nov 8 06:15:19 EST 2009

Radio Shack listed them about a year or so ago under camera items.  My local
store didn't have one, but I ordered one, paid them, and it arrived in the
mail in a few days from their central warehouse.  Cost was reasonable, and
no charge for postage.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I have it in my WRL
modulator.
If you can't find the item, I probably still have the paper work here with
the order number.

Another approach which you allude to is to tap off the filament supply with
a simple doubler/rectifier/filter circuit.  Also, someone told me that he
used a small transistor audio transformer in his AF67 to get the low
voltage...then as above.  I have not tried either, but they are simple
enough.

Bill   w2dgb