[AMRadio] Bias Battery

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Nov 8 11:12:21 EST 2009

Thanks Greg, I found what I was looking for from the nice people here.
I didn't realize that battery is so commonly used that they are still
making them.

Shortly after receiving my Conditional ticket back in 1956, I attended
my first hamfest.  I won the pre-registration prize which was an AF 67.
I had a lot of fun with that transmitter using it at home and when I
went to college as a mobile rig.

I have a big amp to use with it if I choose to do that.  The nice thing
is I managed to get the AF-68, the PMR-7 and the M1070 power supply with
all cables ready to go.  All this for a very nominal price.  It will be
a bit of fun to fool with it once I get the electrolytics changed and
check the radio for any potential problems.  I know it hasn't been
modified and has been sitting on the shelf for nearly the past 35-40
years or so.

Should be fun to get and old friend going again.

73

Jim