[AMRadio] Add FedEx ground to the bum list

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 01:33:28 EST 2009

I recently sold a Palstar BT1500A tuner to a fellow about 300 miles from my home.  I shipped it FedEx ground, trusting them most after experience with UPS(smashed) and the US mail (never delivered, lost).  The tuner shipped to the fellow in one day, and arrived smashed.  It was insured, sent in the original Palstar box with Palstar packing and they still smashed it.  That tuner went from Palstar to SC and SC to me in NC via FedEx ground  in perfect shape.  I guess the third trip, the third time being the charm, it was smash and dash.  Maybe I should go back to sending stuff via Greyhound freight, but it might be better to give up selling on QTH or QRZ, and stick to hamfests.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC