[AMRadio] RE 75A4 and other old gear

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Fri Nov 20 12:15:39 EST 2009

Hi all: James's HRO50 sounds like the oldest so far. I also acquired an HRO
50-1 in the spring and am still trying to get it going. got a 75A2 abt two
moths ago and it is now recapped and sounds great. it is a better rx than my
FT1000 Mark V, that thing hears stuff that is not there!!!  always have
mixed feelings about modifying very much, but that is exactly what the
factories did, ex. HRO50 and then HRO50-1.  glad I posted that query.

wish I had my heath AT-1 back, 1954,   the first six mo, with that was more
excitment that the last 50 + years. I worked at Universal Service in Cols(
Gibby W8IJ)  , lived at home, made $1.20 per hour when I bought the 75A4.  3
mos pay!!!  Bernie