[AMRadio] RE 75A4 and other old gear

Grant Youngman nq5t at tx.rr.com
Fri Nov 20 12:38:20 EST 2009

On Nov 20, 2009, at 11:15 AM, Bernie Doran wrote:

> wish I had my heath AT-1 back, 1954,   t

It is amazing how my perception of any given radio from my misguided youth changed when I get one on the table today :-)

Over the years I've acquired -- and passed on -- almost every receiver I used as a kid in the 50's/60's -- BC-455, BC-312N, RME 4350A (with SB adapter), SX-100.  The only thing I haven't replaced and tried for a while, and may at some point, is an HQ-140X.

I have also picked up all the transmitters I used from that era:  DX-20, DX-40, Scout 680, Eico 720/730, Globe Champ 300, and then some.  And those I've restored to working condition and hung on to.  Don't use them all, or any of them frequently any more for that matter, but haven't been able to bring myself to let someone else have them yet, either :-)

Grant/NQ5T