[AMRadio] CQ sweepstakes, CQ sweepstakes

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Nov 22 21:35:13 EST 2009

Well the SSB crowd is all over the normal AM operating frequencies like
fleas on a stray dog.  They seem to love to zero beat an AM carrier and
call and call.   What toads are produced by the organization that
sponsors sweepstakes.

Never mind, around 8 PM I heard N0BF and old friend up in the mountains
NW of Denver talking to another Steve, KL7OF out in Tum Tum, Washington.
When they signed I called Colorado Steve and we visited a few minutes.
It was good to talk to an old friend.  Then we signed and Steve in
Washington called me.  I screwed down the crystal filter and we
exchanged pleasantries for nearly 10 minutes.  I am looking forward to a
time when the aflack crowd is not on the air running 5 KW to talk to
someone in the next state to exchange signal reports.

It is too bad that these people who just show up for contests are such
tur**.  The band is in great condition and we should be working coast to
coast regularly before long.

Jim/W5JO