[AMRadio] CQ sweepstakes, CQ sweepstakes

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Sun Nov 22 21:56:30 EST 2009

I heard many fine qso's on 80 today, in spite of the contest.

I have no use at all for contests but if lots of other people enjoy them, I
can find something else to do and let them have their fun.

While I was listening, I noticed the contesters seemed to be polite and stay
somewhat clear of the AM qso's, they have much tighter filters...
I also heard them ask if the frequency was in use and move off if someone
said it was.
They did not move far off, but they did move.

It sure does not seem like a lot of fun to me, but there are plenty of
people involved, so it must be fun for them.

Brett