[AMRadio] CQ sweepstakes, CQ sweepstakes

crawfish at surfmore.net crawfish at surfmore.net
Mon Nov 23 05:45:23 EST 2009

Reminds me of the night back in the late 1970's when the ARRL CD contest
wandered onto 3895. The '95'ers started calling CQ CB and started giving
CB calls and handles e.g."Moon Pie" as their exchange. The guys who were
looking for other CD(SCM,etc.) stations were trying to explain what CD
was, and that made it worse, so after 10 minutes or so, they scrammed off
95 or anywhere close by.
                                                                  Joe W4AAB