[AMRadio] Lafayette HA410 Question

manualman manualman at juno.com
Sun Nov 29 14:50:10 EST 2009

I commented on your similar query back in September 2008 at this link:
http://www.mail-archive.com/amradio@mailman.qth.net/msg21734.html

All versions of the HA-410 and HA-460 used a 4 pin male connector for
mike input. However, depending on the previous owner(s), changing the
mike connector on the rig from male to female, was sometimes easier then
changing the mike connector on the mike cable. Overall dimensions of all
HA-410's and HA-460's were the same. I know of no physical changes to the
length, width, height throughout their life-cycle. The power transistors
and the back cover for them varied over the years. Some units came with a
smaller black cover with four 2SB-425 transistors mounted behind them.
Some units came with a larger black cover and had either four 2SB-377,
2SB-425, or 2SB-472 transistors mounted behind them. The most significant
difference between the 2 models of the HA-410 and the 2 models of the
HA-460 was in the audio output tubes. One version used a pair of 6GW8
tubes and the other version used a pair of 6BM8 tubes. Sockets were also
wired differently because pin numbers weren't the same. There was also an
addendum to correct a wiring error in the earlier models of both
HA-410/460 in the DC to DC converter.

Pete, wa2cwa
http://www.manualman.com