[AMRadio] HRO 50 COIL SET D? Gen coverage 1.7 to 4.0

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:02:47 EDT 2009

I have an HRO-50 that is about to drive me nuts. trying to align it,
everything seems good except the osc freq. so I just have been trying to
bring it into range by listening to the osc freq on another rx.  It
completly lacks the range of adjustment needed. now the question, the
manual, pg 22 states that the osc must be above the rf freq, IE low end of
this coil is 1.7 so osc should be at 2.145. the manual then states that one
must be sure the osc is above by checking 910KC  BELOW the rx freq that is
tuned in.   I don't think so!!!  if the rx is tuned to 1.7 the image will be
at 2.610 not lower.   what is going on? Is the manual wrong and they are
just talking about the VLF coils? clearly those coils that are VLF must have
the osc above as I do not think anyone has come up with a minus freq osc.
Now I have adjusted everything,per the manual,  the brass slug, the caps.
even have had the T4 open and examined closely.   Bernie