[AMRadio] Any amplifier suggestions?

Bill McCourt - WF1L wemccourt at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 11:42:46 EDT 2009

Download the manual and schematic for Heathket SP-1000  or Ameritron AL-80.  It's a pretty straight forward design running a single 3-500 in grounded grid and good for 160 thru 10M  The earlier two 3-500 tube amps that heath sold might work better for AM as the final tubes won't have to work the duty cycle as long.  Also check out back copies (pre 1960) of the Handbook for earlier designs.

Good luck!

Bill-WF1L