[AMRadio] 3.875

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Oct 25 19:36:09 EDT 2009

The past few evenings, I have heard our Mountain Time Zone colleagues on
their normal frequency of 3.875.  The group includes several Colorado,
Nebraska and Wyoming stations.

Last night I couldn't help but get in briefly to say hello to them
before the band went out.  While I was listening, that group of 5
landers who populate 3.875 with SSB over the top signals didn't know
what to do.  I heard a San Antonio station actually zero beat and call
CQ two or three times.  The funny part was no one answered him.

Over the past 4 or 5 years 3.875 has been just full of the wide SSB
group who spent time talking about their signals and how their audio
sounded.  Now maybe they will get a lesson on good audio from our
friends on the lee side of the mountains courtesy of AM.  What fun it is
to listen while the Sub group thrashes around not knowing what to do
next.

Jim/W5JO