[AMRadio] 3.875

kj4hyd kj4hyd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:07:09 EDT 2009

Edward Swynar wrote:
> It just absolutely blows me away whenever I hear some lout repeatedly &
> deliberately calling CQ on SSB, or vocalizing endless "Hello test, hello
> test" transmissions, right on top of an ongoing, "legitimate" AM QSO...

One day last Spring I and KI4MLN were having a QSO. I was on my barefoot
Heathkit DX-60 and KI4MLN was on his Icom IC-706 Mark2G Barefooted when
a couple of the 3.785 hams called us "Hillbillies" and started QRMing
us. Then they were talking about having a Non-Working HAY BAILER in the
Front Yard! Who is the "Hillbilly"?
> I suppose idiots like that think they can legally justify their QRM tactics
> (if taken to task before the FCC) by claiming they didn't hear the existing
> QSO.

And I can Justify using my "SBE" with so much Incidental FM, it can be
heard as well in the FM mode as AM on your Receiver.

--
73,
Kevin Raper

There is no limitation to the fidelity of AM radio. From a mathematical standpoint, AM does better in frequency response than FM. - Leonard Kahn